About Me

My photo
I'm a full time carer for my highly disabled mum and step father & my autistic and hyperactive little brother.

Friday 9 January 2009

Slow Day

Well, the title might say "slow day"; I don't think it went by too quickly or slowly or any more so than usual. Today and yesterday I watched Piglet (my niece). When she slept I played a little of the sims 2 which I also played after she went home (yesterday, that is; I do intend to play more later). I don't think I should get too 'hooked' on anything now that I know I'm not going to see through for long (the Sims 3 gets released next month).

To that end I'm probably going to download the rest of season 2 of Sam & Max. The first season was hilarious, I've been waiting for it to come out on disk (it's been only available through download for most of last year) so that I can support my small, local businesses, in this case Ego. To make up for not supporting my local games shop by buying this directly from the publisher, instead of from them, I'm probably going to get the Wii version of season 1.

I confess; I did continue playing for half an hour or so after she woke up, letting her play on the floor. But every time she asked for attention I gave it to her and as soon as she seemed unhappy I'd pick her up (or, if she was already in my arms/on my lap, put her down) and when she became upset I would take her downstairs again.

I watched a little Red Dwarf with Dave after Jeff and I took her home yesterday, I'm not sure how many episodes. This was before I played on The Sims.

The only difference between yesterday and today was that mum actually cooked today (I felt a little guilty when I saw her in the kitchen, I guess I might have been complaining more than I realised. I don't mind being the one to do the cooking for the house... I think I just mind that I'm the only one who is really fit to). (I don't remember what I made yesterday. Couldn't have been adventurous. Now I think about it, it might have been burgers and chips. Not adventurous by a long shot. Wish people would stop buying damn burgers...).

Also, pickle was actually picked up by her mother for a change.

I came up and Dave asked if he could do a heroic instance on WoW, which I agreed to. He apparently needed 5 more emblems of heroism to get this neck piece he wanted. He's needed 5 more for the better part of a week. Perhaps more than a week, I don't know. He recommended I put on a DVD, and that he didn't mind which (this was after we couldn't find the one he wanted). I couldn't be bothered to put anything on, so I just lay on the bed. I dozed off for a few minutes, I don't know how long but it was long enough to be aware that I was asleep, or at least beginning to fall asleep.

I went down to use get myself a sandwich and a drink... I somehow managed to have the sandwich, make my mother a drink and come back thirsty. I checked my mail and other messages and found that somebody I've never heard of has added me to face book (I only opened an account to contact Zoe, so that I could get her address and Mark's so that I could get Christmas presents for their children). After Christmas I decided to fill in a profile (probably because somebody else I didn't know had added me to her contacts, only at that point the only thing about me on my profile was my name and a week later she added a second James Nash, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't me she was after. Basically I updated it to avoid more situations like this).

I think this person might be somebody I met when I first joined the church, she looks a lot like her. But the name threw me. It said that she was a member of the church, but that could mean any continent. We had no friends in common, apparently, so did she add me because I listed my "religious views" as Mormon? (I listed my 'political views' as Anarchy \m/)? I sent a message, saying that I didn't know much about FaceBook etiquette, but that I would like to know more about her before I confirmed her as a friend.

Then I realised that this girl is obviously local as she works for, or is, at least, somehow involved with the local newspaper. Looking through her friends I found that those few that had anything in common (from the limited information they supplied), but there seemed to be clusters of people who did; Mormons, people from mid wales and people from the midlands. Some of those from mid-Walesfamiliar. While it was possible that the girl in the photo who answers to the name Eden Ivy Lee may look different enough from Loren Thorleydifferent person, I don't think there any members of the church in this area by that name who look that much like her.

I shall now play some Sims 2. I still hope to get myself something to drink, I don't know if this will be before or after I play the sims. Whenever I go for it this drink it will probably turn out to be a cup of rooibos tea. (But it might turn out to be orange juice).

No comments: