About Me

My photo
I'm a full time carer for my highly disabled mum and step father & my autistic and hyperactive little brother.

Friday 23 January 2009

Bit of a Blur

Well I haven't updated for about a week now and, to tell the truth, most of the that time is a blur for me. I have a vague idea of what's happened in that time but don't ask me to write it down in any chronological order. So I'm skipping it.

And I'll add an update of the day so far.

I was awoken several times by Jeff who was looking for one of Bink's baby bottles. The first time he came up I was well too dazed to have a proper look. The second time he insisted in arousing my attention so I was forced to think about it. I seemed to recall mum taking the bottle with her when she left my room last night (she used my computer for an hour or so to check her emails and things. It could have been closer to 2 hours, as I had time to read enough of an old book of mine to decide that whatever reason why I never actually read the book before must have been valid, read some of a book I started when I was 10 or so but lost before I could finish it only to realise I may have grown out of it. It was also enough time to watch the first 15 minutes of the 1st episode of the 3rd season of Dexter, which I stopped partly because it wasn't so good the second time around but also because mum said she didn't like to watch things like that prematurely because they (all T.V companies) only show 1 show she likes at a time, a run of one usually ending as a run of the next begins. So I put on an episode of Psych, which I think I was able to fully watch while she was there).

He searched for a while, I don't know if he came to search just once or looked for it once, left, and then came back to look again. I think that he came to look for it twice because I told him that I recalled mum taking it on her way out, as mentioned above and came back to look again after conferring with mum over this. I told him that I recalled it pretty vividly, which I actually did, and this seemed to satisfy him. I don't remember if he came and searched a third time but a little while later mum came and searched. She, too, may have came back and search a second time but if she did come on 2 occasions the second time was a far less serious attempt as she got in bed after just a few minutes. It was hard enough to sleep with her just being there but I decided I definitely wasn't getting back to sleep after she started snoring.

I went on the PC but, being a guy with a very short attention span, I get bored very easily. So easily that I will start playing solitaire for while waiting for something as simple as a web page to load up. And I generally have to be blasted by information from all sides so I usually have to have the TV on while I'm playing a computer game, particularly ones where you don't have to concentrate one anything that characters might be saying.

It was about 12ish, by this point, and I wanted to play the sims 2 (I've had the game almost since launch and I still haven't played families beyond the first generation. Though this is mostly because by the time I've got a house and/or family exactly the way I want them there's some other game that's come out that I want to play or I've got back into World of Warcraft).

I tried to refrain from putting something on for a while (I don't know how long, certainly less than 30 minutes, definitely longer than 10), until I realised that it was my room and, rude as it is to turn the TV on while somebody is right there, she had the option of going and sleeping somewhere else. (I probably wouldn't have bothered, however the sims has such a long loading time, or at least on my PC). So I watched the following episode of Psych from the night before. I don't know how long it took her to leave. (Again, it was between 10 and 30 minutes. Actually, in both cases, it was probably closer to 30).

My copies of ghostbusters finally arrived from HMV, today. Between then and now is something of a blur. I'm sure there were details which might be worth reporting on but, to be frank, I remember very little of them. I did go and take Chug to club and we stuck around to make fun of him and he girl he's seeing (the joke being that Laura, his girlfriend, is a boy whom we call Lawrence, and that Chug, as he's 'seeing' her, is a girl; Charlotte). It was particularly funny. I'm worried that it might be a bad reflection on my character that I'm finding some of the stuff said there to be less repulsive and laughing along more and more. Trust me, some of the stuff said there is very disgusting.

So, fast forwarding more hours still, Dave and I finally got around to watching the first ghostbusters film some time after 10, we're still watching it now (11:42).

I have to say, there are a lot of things I missed the last few times I saw it.... But I don't think I actually have seen it since the turn of the century, at least not more than a few clips of it.

No comments: